California – Secretary of State announces changes to LLC filings
December 19, 2013
As of January 1, 2014, the Beverly-Killea Limited Liability Company Act will be repealed and replaced with the California Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act. More information can be found on the Secretary of State’s website here. Need help filing a California LLC, contact a CSC Representative at 877-463-5769.
Summary Overview of the Changes:
- Naming Requirements
- Cannot mislead the public, and must be distinguishable from existing LLC name or reserved name.
- Foreign LLC name registration only permitted if actual name of foreign LLC doesn’t comply with Section 17701.08.
- Name Reservations
- Must be in writing, state name and address of applicant, and name to be reserved.
- Cannot be made by telephone using a prepaid account.
- Notice of transfer required to transfer name to another person.
- Filing Requirement Highlights
- Please see several changes outlined on Secretary of State’s Website.